Do you remember what it was like waiting for Christmas to arrive when you were a kid? Perhaps recalling these memories floods you with a warm, fuzzy feeling or brings a smile to your face. The same things happen to thousands of people who have Muskoka in their blood. While it is a geographical location [...]
…to plan your Muskoka summer getaway. The summer of 2012 marks the 125th anniversary of the Royal Mail Ship Segwun, the oldest operating steamship in North America. It’s home port is Gravenhurst, Ontario, gateway to Ontario cottage country…Muskoka. Summer in Muskoka means time relaxing and playing [...]
Have you ever wondered what Ontario cottage country is like in the winter? Is gliding on skis across a frozen landscape or waterway something you have always wanted to try? Have you often wondered what it would be like to snowshoe through a silent forest after a fresh snowfall?
This past weekend was family day weekend in Ontario and I took advantage of the gorgeous winter temperatures and sunshine by snowshoeing for hours in a nearby forest that is largely inaccessible in the summer. When the leaves fall from the trees in the autumn and the winter temperatures freeze the swamps solid thousands of [...]
Sleep In – Isn’t it true that we all dread the alarm every weekday morning and dream longingly of the weekend mornings when we don’t have to hear that sound? Most B&B’s serve breakfast early because many guests want to get up and get going and make the most of their day. That’s true. In [...]
There is something about the first snowfall that is magical. We awoke on the morning of November 11 to see a light dusting of snow covering everything, turning this part of Ontario cottage country, Muskoka, into a winter wonderland.
Have you ever wished on a Friday night you could just head north out of the city to a friend’s Muskoka cottage and hang out for the weekend? You’ve got a great book you’re dying to read and you just want to curl up in the Lazy Boy beside the fire, go for walks, sleep [...]
This morning I had the good fortune to be able to pretend I was a guest in my own waterfront bed and breakfast. It was a beautiful sunny day and I went out to one of my favourite public parks, Hardy Lake Provincial Park, and did the 7 km loop trail around the lake. [...]
We have had the good fortune to spend a large part of our lives living here in Muskoka, Ontario, a.k.a. God’s Country, cottage country, the lake district. It was recently rated in the top three summer holiday destinations in North America and for us it rates #1 for the best place to live in [...]
Join Our Mailing List
Once Discovered, Never ForgottenWhile this is the slogan for the District of Muskoka and should be attributed to it, we couldn't find a better way of saying the same thing.
- What’s Happening in South Muskoka
- Ladies of the Lake All Spruced Up and Ready to Sail Again
- Muskoka “Season” is Almost Here – Your Paradise Awaits
- Tuktawayin Slides From Winter to Summer in Muskoka
- Muskoka Winter Wandering
- Ready, Set, Go with Winter Activities in Muskoka
- Plan a Fall Getaway to Muskoka Waterfront B&B
- Muskoka Waterfront B&B Basking in 2012 Heat
- Muskoka Waterfront B&B Offers Much for Landlubbers and Water Lovers Alike.
- Muskoka Misty Morning Sunrise is a Sight to Behold
- Everything Summer is Happening in Muskoka
- Fabulous Weather Opens Muskoka Summer Season
- Cottage Country Lakes in Muskoka are Ice Free
- Muskoka Winters Provide a Haven For Snow Lovers
- Stunning Muskoka Winter Wilderness Awaits Gravenhurst B&B Guests
- Cottage Country Bed and Breakfast Sparkles in a Winter Wonderland
- What You Can Expect From a Bed and Breakfast Christmas Holiday in Muskoka
- Top 5 Activities For Winter Weekend Getaway At Muskoka B&B
- Muskoka Steamships Recognized as Truly Unique Canadian Experience
- Early Snowfall Engulfs Muskoka Cottage Style Bed and Breakfast in Gravenhurst