…to plan your Muskoka summer getaway. The summer of 2012 marks the 125th anniversary of the Royal Mail Ship Segwun, the oldest operating steamship in North America. It’s home port is Gravenhurst, Ontario, gateway to Ontario cottage country…Muskoka. Summer in Muskoka means time relaxing and playing [...]
Have you ever wondered what Ontario cottage country is like in the winter? Is gliding on skis across a frozen landscape or waterway something you have always wanted to try? Have you often wondered what it would be like to snowshoe through a silent forest after a fresh snowfall?
This past weekend was family day weekend in Ontario and I took advantage of the gorgeous winter temperatures and sunshine by snowshoeing for hours in a nearby forest that is largely inaccessible in the summer. When the leaves fall from the trees in the autumn and the winter temperatures freeze the swamps solid thousands of [...]
Muskoka in winter is magnificent. As I write this we are enjoying glorious sunshine, great temperatures and the sky is what I like to refer to as Muskoka blue.
It is a perfect day for a ski or a snowshoe, a walk around town or even to curl up [...]
Everyone has an image in their mind of the quintessential Christmas season. For most people there is snow in the picture. Not the kind you have to shovel of course. The kind you get to play in and photograph. If you’ve got the time we can probably make it happen.
Here in Ontario cottage [...]
Have you ever wished on a Friday night you could just head north out of the city to a friend’s Muskoka cottage and hang out for the weekend? You’ve got a great book you’re dying to read and you just want to curl up in the Lazy Boy beside the fire, go for walks, sleep [...]
This is one of our favourite parts of this home. We often enjoy dinner here. Guests are invited to enjoy this covered porch, which includes a hammock that is not in the photo, for a nap, a visit, a drink or maybe a quiet time for reading or meditation. This porch overlooks the main [...]
Here in the Muskoka Room our bed
and breakfast guests can relax with
the morning paper, watch the sunrise
or play games in the evening, any or
all of which can be enjoyed after a
swim off our deep water dock.
Join Our Mailing List
Once Discovered, Never ForgottenWhile this is the slogan for the District of Muskoka and should be attributed to it, we couldn't find a better way of saying the same thing.
- Muskoka “Season” is Almost Here – Your Paradise Awaits
- Tuktawayin Slides From Winter to Summer in Muskoka
- Muskoka Winter Wandering
- Ready, Set, Go with Winter Activities in Muskoka
- Plan a Fall Getaway to Muskoka Waterfront B&B
- Muskoka Waterfront B&B Basking in 2012 Heat
- Muskoka Waterfront B&B Offers Much for Landlubbers and Water Lovers Alike.
- Muskoka Misty Morning Sunrise is a Sight to Behold
- Everything Summer is Happening in Muskoka
- Fabulous Weather Opens Muskoka Summer Season
- Cottage Country Lakes in Muskoka are Ice Free
- Muskoka Winters Provide a Haven For Snow Lovers
- Stunning Muskoka Winter Wilderness Awaits Gravenhurst B&B Guests
- Cottage Country Bed and Breakfast Sparkles in a Winter Wonderland
- What You Can Expect From a Bed and Breakfast Christmas Holiday in Muskoka
- Top 5 Activities For Winter Weekend Getaway At Muskoka B&B
- Muskoka Steamships Recognized as Truly Unique Canadian Experience
- Early Snowfall Engulfs Muskoka Cottage Style Bed and Breakfast in Gravenhurst
- Seasonal Change is a Site to Behold in Muskoka
- Remembrance Day Sun Rises on Overnight Snowfall